It is very rewarding to care for animals, but it is important to protect yourself against unexpected perils. Pennsylvania veterinary liability insurance is designed to address various risks that you and your practice may face. Whether there is a claim from an employee or a patients care giver, or there is property damage, stay protected with the proper insurance.
Types of Coverage
Every practice is different, and that is why Pennsylvania veterinary liability insurance can be tailored for each individual practice. Whether you want to protect your assets, visitors, employees, property, or animal patients, you can choose from the following types of coverage for your needs:
- Malpractice: if there is an issue about professional negligence, this coverage will provide legal defense costs
- General liability: this coverage protects your practice from alleged claims that someone elses property or body was damaged
- Employment practices liability: this protects you against employee lawsuits in regards to sexual harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination
- Workers compensation: if employees are injured on the job, this helps to provide medical benefits and wage replacement
- Commercial property: this insures personal property and your building against vandalism, fire, and theft
- Business interruption: this helps protect you if your practice needs to be shut down due to a loss
- Equipment breakdown: your valuable equipment will be replaced in the event of burnout, mechanical breakdown, operator error, or power surges.