As a business owner, you know there are many risks involved in running your business. Finding the right coverage for your property, including the building and its contents, can be difficult. Depending on the type of business you run, the risks can vary greatly. It’s critical to discuss your options with your insurance agent to ensure you are protected in any circumstance.
What To Include in Your Commercial Property Policy
Your commercial property insurance policy should be customized to fit the needs of your business. Make sure your insurance agent has the expertise to properly analyze all your property risks to ensure you cover all critical areas.
A comprehensive policy protects your business from damage or loss to the following property items:
- Building – Including all warehouse, manufacturing and office areas
- Inventory – Finished goods as well as raw materials
- Inside property – Manufacturing equipment, electronics and furniture
- Important documents – Customer information and accounting documents
- Outside elements – Any landscaping, signage, fencing and satellite dishes
To protect your investment when damages force you to shut down operations for a while, consider purchasing business interruption insurance as well.
Commercial property insurance is a must for every business owner. Just make sure you find the policy that will best protect your investment if an emergency occurs.